You go to parties?
Only to the ones you’re not invited to.
The people who truly need help do not ask for any at all
When it rains so hard that you can’t help but get up and look outside.
if you knew an apocalypse was coming, what would you pack in preparation for it, assuming you will be wandering about with only your backpack?
I’m guessing this is assuming the apocalypse isn’t really all that apocalyptic since I am planning on surviving. There’s probably not much that I own that I would pack per se. Aside from the typical “survival” items, I’d bring:
- The car
- My motorcycle (probably attached to the car)
- My chef’s knife
- Things that could be used as currency/to barter (any silver, gold that’s lying around, which isn’t much, alcohol?)
- Sleeping bag
- I’d probably consolidate all of my files onto a hard drive, and take my laptop, in the event civilization is rebuilt and electricity is back.
- Sewing kit
- Perhaps some wires and/or rope/string
- Notebook and pens/pencils
- I think I have some vegetable seeds somewhere
- a pot
Other than that, I’m not sure there’s anything else that will be useful to me, especially since I have to pick and choose. I have an emotional attachment to almost everything I own, so if I can’t take everything, then I will take nothing. MAYBE a photograph of my family, but none really stick out to me right now.
If we were allowed to acquire things as part of the preparation then I’d say
- a few general medical books
- perhaps a book on edible plants/medicinal plants
- A leather jacket
- a gun or crossbow
- hunting knife
- flint stones
- water purification things
- maybe an epipen and asthma puffer
- Solar panels
This list can get extensive.